I love this recipe. Easy to make. Bake time is 8 to 12 minutes.
Ingredients: (makes 6 servings)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
6 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 and 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon coarsely grounded black pepper
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Note*: If you'd prefer a butter - flavored sauce, substitute butter for the olive oil in this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Place flour in a shallow dish or pie plate.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.5. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until golden, 2-4 minutes per side.
6. Remove chicken from skillet; place in a 13 x 9- inch baking dish.
1. Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot.
2. Add garlic and onion; cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender, 1-2 minutes.
3. Increase heat to medium-high.
4. Add whipping cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
5. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
6. Spoon sauce over chicken in dish.
1. Bake chicken until an instant-read thermomoter inserted in center of chicken registers 180 degree F, 8-12 minutes.
2. Sprinkle with parsley.
Helpful Hints: It is important to use whipping cream in this recipe instead of milk because the fat content helps keep the sauce from separating and gives it its rich flavor.